Countries that use the INR
Currency Exchange Rates for Indian rupee? Convert GBP to INR at todays exchange rate. See money transfer for India and historical to restrictions.
The Indian Rupee is the official money of the Republic of India and is issued by the Reserve Bank of India. The Rupee is subdivided into 100 paise, albeit just a 50 paise coin is currently published as lawful delicate. The image for the Indian Rupee was authoritatively received in 2010 after a plan rivalry, and gets from the Devanagari letter "Ra." The turn around the side of Rupee banknotes indicate sums in 15 of India's 22 official dialects (the front side shows English and Hindi). Neighbouring nations Nepal and Bhutan peg their monetary standards to the Rupee and acknowledge it as a legitimate under.
- By showcase trade rates, the Indian economy is worth US$1.8 trillion (2011), around the tenth biggest on the planet. By buying power equality (PPP), the economy is evaluated at US$4.06 trillion, the fourth largest.
- India is one of the quickest developing economies on the planet. In any case, its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita is still low.
- Slightly the greater part of the work compelling is in agribusiness. However, the rural segment just contributes 17% to GDP. Administrations are the real wellspring of financial development and record for the greater part of India's yield utilizing 33% of its workforce. India is a noteworthy exporter of data innovation administrations and programming specialists.
- Before 1991, Indian governments clung to protectionist approaches, separating the economy from the outside world. Since 1991, the nation has moved towards a free market framework, stressing both outside exchange and direct venture.
- Peoples living in cutting edge India were a portion of the first to utilize coins (around the 6th century BC).
- Sher Shah Suri (1486-1545) is accepted to have issued the main Rupee, given a proportion of 40 copper pieces (paisa) per Rupee.
- After India's autonomy in 1947, the Rupee supplanted every one of the monetary forms of already self-governing states.
- In 1957, the Rupee was partitioned into 100 name paise (Hindi for "new nation").
- The Rupee was settled to the British Pound from 1927â€“1946 and after that to the US Dollar until 1975. It was degraded in 1975 yet at the same time paid to a wicker bin of four exceptional monetary standards.
- The Rupee is relentlessly acknowledging against the US Dollar. In 2009, the rising Rupee provoked the Indian government to buy 200 tons of gold from the IMF, for $6.7 billion.
Currency Information on Indian Rupee - INR — Indian rupee - ₹
Coins in circulation are available in denominations of 1, 2, 5 and 10 rupees, whilst banknotes are available in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1,000 rupees.
The Republic of India’s official currency is issued by the Reserve Bank of India. It is named after the 16th Century Rupiya, issued by Shur Shah Suri.
The symbol, derived from the Devanagari consonant ‘Ra’ was officially adopted in 2010 and first appeared on coins in 2011. The name of the currency is listed in 15 languages on the back of banknotes and in English and Hindu on the front.
Given the current crisis in my country, I was forced to move abroad to find a better financial life. I’ve been living and working in a good UK job for two years now. Although my wife and children came with me I send money to my relatives in Greece very often. Every time I do so I make sure I'm getting a good currency exchange deal by checking online how to send money abroad at the best rates.
Comment written by Kostas Skordas Architect.
View more testimonials...
What's the press saying about our company?
Top 5 Foreign Exchange Companies