Countries that use the GNF
Currency Exchange Rates for Guinean franc? Convert GBP to GNF at todays exchange rate. See money transfer for Guinea and historical to restrictions.
The Guinea Franc is the official money of Guinea, a nation situated in W. Africa. It is partitioned into eight authoritative districts
and sub-divided into thirty-three prefectures. Conakry is the capital, biggest city, and commercial focus. The other principle urban areas incorporate Labe, NzÃ©rÃ©korÃ©, Kankan, the Kindia, the Mamou, Boke, and GuÃ©ckÃ©dou.
- Guinea has bounteous normal assets, including at least 25% of the world's known stores of bauxite, more than 4 million tons of high-review press metal, huge precious stone and gold stores, and undetermined stores of uranium. Bauxite and aluminium are right now the main significant fares.
- The nation has a gigantic potential for hydroelectric power.
- Other ventures incorporate handling plants for brew, juices, refreshments, and snuff.
- Under French administer, Guinea was a noteworthy exporter of the bananas, also pineapples, espresso, peanuts and palm oil. Agribusiness still utilizes 80% of the workforces in the nation.
- Guinea has significant potential for development in its agrarian and fisheries divisions. Soil conditions, also water, and atmosphere give chances to huge scale flooded horticulture and agribusiness. Speculation openings and business exercises exist in every one of these regions. However, Guinea's ineffectively created framework and uncontrolled defilement exhibit hindrances to venture extends on an expansive scale.
- The principal Guinea Franc was acquainted in 1959 with supplanting the CFA Franc BCEAO. The Guinea Franc sections included 1,or 5, or 10 and also 25 coins with banknotes in 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000 and 10,000 franc categories.
- These categories have been kept up, with the expansion of a 50 franc coins (1994) and eliminating of the relating 50 franc note.
GBP to GNF Exchange Rate
Cash Information on Guinean Franc - GNF â€” Guinean franc â€“ FG or GFr
Coins available for use are accessible in sections of 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50 francs, while banknotes are accessible in categories of 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and 20,000; the 100 franc note is infrequently utilized because of the absence of acquiring power.
Issued in 1959, the first Guinean franc supplanted the CFA franc in Guinea; the second Guinean franc was presented in 1985, removing the syli, which had replaced the main straightforward in 1971.
The second franc was presented at a 1:1 proportion with the syli. Dedicatory coins were issued in 2010, including the 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 franc coins, commending 50 years of freedom.
Currency Information on Guinean Franc - GNF — Guinean franc – FG or GFr
Coins in circulation are available in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50 francs, whilst banknotes are available in denominations of 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and 20,000; the 100 franc note is rarely used due to the lack of purchasing power.
Issued in 1959, the first Guinean franc replaced the CFA franc in Guinea, the second Guinean franc was introduced in 1985, replacing the syli, which had replaced the first frank in 1971.
The second franc was introduced at a 1:1 ratio with the syli. Commemorative coins were issued in 2010, including the 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 franc coins, celebrating 50 years of independence.
Cannot believe the difference in saving money with you guys compared to my bank. I feel like I must have been conned for the last few years, sending money often to France. I’m very pleased to have discovered your service. Thank you
Comment written by D Griffiths.
View more testimonials...
What's the press saying about our company?
Top 5 Foreign Exchange Companies