Countries that use the EGP
Currency Exchange Rates for Egyptian Pound? Convert GBP to EGP at todays exchange rate. See historical and money transfer restrictions for Egypt.
currency is most common word used in describing money. currency is a form of money including coins and paper note which are issued by the government and used as a medium of exchange of goods and services. in every they have their own currency that they spend. for example the Egyptians have their own currency that they spend which os the Egyptian pound. there are other countries that have their own currency such as : Ghana they spend cedis, united state of American spend dollars,, Denmark spend danisk krone.
HISTORY OF EGYPTIANS POUNDS
According to historians the Egyptian pound was first called GINEIH and was divided into 1000 milimes or 100 Qirush. The abbreviation of the money was derived from a French world " Livre egyptienne". in 1834, a royal decree was introduced that the currency should be in a bimetallic base, of this decree it affect the growth of the economy since change was not common to get when someone buy your thing , in 1899, the official currency which is know call the Egyptian pound was introduced in a a form of notes and coins. These currency became well to everyone in Egypt as well as the illiterate one. recently a new currency is was introduced in 2016.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE CURRENCY
(1) The government shout ensure that public education is giving to the people about how to look after the money
(2) There should be a law about mishandling pf money such as writing on it, folding it not in the correct. To all those who fall as a victim should be punish by the law
(3) encourage the use of money purse more especially the business men and women to prevent the easily torn of the money and as well as making the money dirty.
(4) Health expect should advice the general public about the impact that money have on the body. with these advice and educating it will also helps to stop people from putting into their braziers, pants ,shorts, mouths and even as well as their smelling it always.
(5) The government should and state bodies should encourage others about the importance's of saving money in banks, with these it will helps to reduce the bad handling of money
THE IMPORTANCES OF THE EGYPTIAN POUND
there are a lot of benefit we drive from curience more especially the Egyptian pound they are:
(1) They are used to pay out debts own by the state and the individual
(2) They are also used as a source of foreign exchange .
(3) The currency represent the identity of the country
(4) they are used in buying goods and services
(5) They are also use in carrying out developmental projects in the country such building of hospitals, roads, industries, electricity powers and water companies
Currency Information on Egyptian Pound - EGP— Egyptian Pound – E£ or ج.م
The Egyptian pound replaced the Egyptian piastre in 1834, at a ratio of 100 piastres to 1 pound, meaning that the piastre became a subdivision of the pound. The piastre was equal to 40para, but the para soon stopped being issued due to being unnecessary.
The Egyptian pound uses the ‘£’ symbol for simplicity, as well as the Egyptian symbol ‘ج.م’, when the pound symbol is used, it is prefixed with an ‘E’ to differentiate it from other currencies using the same symbol, such as GBP.
There are currently three denominations of coins available, these are 25pt, 50pt and £1. Banknotes are available in denominations of £5, £10, £20, £50, £100 and £200.
I run a local delicatessen business in Surrey. Many of my artisan suppliers are based in Italy, Spain and France. We are always making payments to these suppliers and knowing we are getting the best rates is vitally important for us; our margins are tight and any savings are crucial for the success of our business.
Comment written by Artisan supplier based in Italy.
View more testimonials...
What's the press saying about our company?
Top 5 Foreign Exchange Companies