Comparing Travel Money if you're going to be travelling abroad, then, planning ahead for what you're going to use in terms of your finances is a must. In fact, there are plenty of options nowadays cash, cards and traveller's cheques. The key lies in finding out which deal can save you the most and which one would be most convenient for you as a traveller.
Travel Money Using Cash The Pros
· Cash is a universal form of payment. You can guarantee that wherever you are and no matter what, they will accept cash.
· Assuming that you got your foreign currency in advance, compared to travel cards, cash isn't subject to additional fees for activation, inactivity, currency usage and ATM fees.
Travel Money The Cons:
· Depending on where you're going, you might need to declare how much you have in terms of cash. Each country has a different rule regarding how much money you can bring.
· Compared to other types of travel money, carrying cash is unsafe since you can easily lose it or have it stolen. Even if you have travel insurance, it will only cover a certain amount of your cash.
Travel Money Top Advice:
There are many places where you can buy cash or foreign currency for your travel. The best way to find a good deal is to use an online site to compare travel money.
Buying travel money online would enable you to just head to the airport and pick up your cash there before your flight.
If you're in a hurry, exchanging money at the bureau de change at the airport is convenient but will cost you more. Better to plan ahead and get more currency for your money by buying online.
Buy travel money in high street banks. Banks often have decent exchange rates but are subject to fees. Also, more exotic currencies might not be available so make sure to place your order ahead of time just in case.
Exchanging foreign currency at a travel money shop is another option that you have. However, they don't always offer the best rates.
Using Travel Money Travellers Cheques
Travel Money The Pros:
If you wish to keep a close eye on how much you're spending, traveller's cheques, as well as cash, allow you that freedom.
· Fewer establishments are accepting this type of travel money. So, you'll have to first find an establishment that accepts them, making them inconvenient.
· Traveller's cheques are usually only available in major currencies like US dollars and euros.
You can pre-order traveller's cheques and have them delivered directly to your home. You can also get them in banks, the airport bureau de change and online providers. Just like with cash, traveller's cheques can be bought at better rates online.
Using Travel Money Cards:
There are several types of cards that you can use as travel money, prepaid travel money cards, credit cards and debit cards.
· Using the debit card as your travel money will protect you from fraud. You will also easily be able to withdraw money from ATM machines.
· Credit cards accepted worldwide. There are also some providers that don't charge for overseas use. Use respected online sites to compare travel money cards. Also, protected in case the goods that you buy are faulty or in case of card theft.
· Prepaid travel money cards are a good way to make sure that you stay within your budget since you can't spend more than what load into the card. You also have the option to load it with different types of currencies if you'll be visiting more than one country.
· All of these card types will require you to pay fees. Depending on your provider, you might need to pay monthly fees, withdrawal fees, interest and more.
· Some establishments have a minimum card payment amount so you might need to use another type of travel money like cash.
Find a good online website that will allow you to compare which cards will give you the best rates. But, make sure to also look at the total cost aside from the exchange rates.
Finding the Best Value for Your Money?
Use a comparison site when you're buying travel money. By comparing travel money. You'll be able to find the best deals that will not only be convenient for you but allow you to get more currency for your money. There are also comparison sites that will inform you of what fees. You will have to pay if you'll be using cards.
In general, purchasing travel money online is more convenient. And cheaper compared to buying them from high street banks, airports and travel money shops.
What's the press saying about our company?
Top 5 Foreign Exchange Companies